VISION HEALTH CHECKS
Eye health is taken very seriously at Helen Scott Opticians.
Using a range of technologies, including Retinal Scanning, we offer screening which can give early warning of a range of threats to visual health, including Diabetes, Glaucoma and Cataracts.
Using 3D Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) to scan behind your eyes, Helen Scott can comprehensively examine and diagnose the health of your eyes. The scan is non-invasive, painless, straightforward and quick and is invaluable in recording the ongoing condition of your eyes.
The OCT scan will identify common conditions including:
- Diabetes – OCT examination enables early detection which greatly improves the success rate of treatment
- Glaucoma – damage to the optic nerve at the point where it leaves the eye: OCT can confirm if you are at risk or what stage of Glaucoma you might have
- Age-related macular degeneration – increasing with age, macular degeneration is the most common cause of vision loss in the over fifties age group. OCT will identify the condition and monitor its progress
- Macular holes – the causes of the loss of sharp, detailed and central vision can be identified and diagnosed by OCT
- Vitreous detachments – this condition is painless and while your eyesight may seem unchanged, OCT can determine the extent of the damage to your eyes
By comparing the images from your examinations, Helen Scott can monitor the year on year changes that occur to give you an invaluable record of the health and condition of your eyes.
Contact Us for information and advice on your eye health, or if you would like to Book an Appointment.
If you have concerns about your eyesight, please contact the practice immediately.